ShopStatus (a service by Bowtie LLC.) operates ShopStatus.page and ShopStatusPage.com. It is Bowtie’s policy to respect your privacy regarding the information we may collect while operating our product.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through operating our Services. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us in order to provide our services. Here are some examples:
Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an ShopStatus.page account to provide an email address and password.
Transaction Information: If you purchase a subscription to ShopStatus.page you may provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with our team about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
Our website and apps/plugins collect information automatically:
Shop Information: When you install our software we collect information about your store, the store owner (for communication purposes), your products and inventory, and other store details you provide.
Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the pages you visit or monitors you check most often. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features or additional products;
- To monitor and analyze trends and/or better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of ShopStatus and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by ShopStatus and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on ShopStatus and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
For those in the European Union, our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, in order to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent–for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, SMS and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers) who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ShopStatus, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to our site. Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
We work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to use a strong password to protect your account, one which is separate from your ecommerce store password.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, monitoring alerts and legal notices.
Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, ShopStatus does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using ShopStatus’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of ShopStatus’s site(s) may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Close Your Account: You can close your ShopStatus.page account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, – for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can typically access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or would like to contact us about one of the other rights, use the form on our website to do so. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us